Nathan is one of our Directors, a Clinical Psychologist and PhD Candidate.
Nathan completed a Bachelor of Psychology and Honors Degree at University of Newcastle, and Clemson University (USA) in 2009. He has since completed a Applied Behaviour Analyst post graduate degree with Florida Institute of Technology in 2011, his Masters in Psychology (Clinical) in 2016. He is a PhD candidate at Charles Sturt University, where he is investigating trauma informed care practices.
Nathan has over 11-years of experience in clinical settings using evidence based treatments with children, adolescents and adults experiencing mild to severe psychological difficulties. He established and managed a NSW state-wide clinical team in the disability and child welfare sector. Nathan is often a guest speaker on local ABC Radio and a guest psychology lecturer at Avondale College.
Nathan is a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), APS College of Clinical Psychologists and APS approved supervisor of psychologists. He is a member of Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Association of Australia (EMDRAA). Nathan is a provider of psychological treatment under: Medicare, EAP, NDIS and privately.
Nathan has been trained in the scientist-practitioner model and operates from an evidenced-based assessment and treatment framework. Nathan’s assessment and treatment is guided by a balance of scientific evidence, the clients’ unique characteristics, and the practicality and relevance of interventions for the individual and/or family. Nathan follows the biopsychosocial model, which means that has a balanced approach to treating the individuals biological (sleep, diet, exercise, medication), psychological (trauma/thinking errors/memories), and social (friends, family and social skills) functioning.
Nathan is passionate about treating individuals who have experienced trauma, particularly those who have experienced trauma during adulthood and childhood, including relationship trauma. He is also interest in:
• A broad range of psychological and mental health concerns experienced by children, adolescents, adults and families as a unit;
• The impact of childhood Attachment, Relationship Issues and Parenting;
• Child developmental disorders (e.g., ADHD);
• Anxiety and Depression.
Nathan will work with you to complete a thorough assessment, from which he will develop a detailed formulation and treatment plan that is unique to your particular circumstances.
Please note that Nathan is not accepting any more patients with Autism Spectrum Disorder, as his caseload of this presentation is currently full.
Area of Focus
- Affective disorders
- Anxiety and phobias
- Assertiveness Training
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Behaviour Problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Child Psychology
- Developmental disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self-Esteem and Self-Development
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- In Vivo Exposure Therapy
- Master of Clinical Psychology Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) University of Newcastle
- PhD Candidate, Charles Sturt University
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), Florida Institute of Technology
- Australian Psychological Society
- APS Board Approved Supervisor
- Clinical Psychologist
- PhD Candidate
- Certified assistant Behaviour Analyst
- APS Board Approved Supervisor