Andrew is a Senior Registered Psychologist with over 20 years of experience.
Andrew completed a BSc (Psychology) and Honours Degree at the University of NSW in 1994. He has worked as a psychologist for the past 20 years providing evidence based clinical interventions to adults, children, adolescents, families and couples from a range of backgrounds. He is a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS); a board approved supervisor; and member of the Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Association of Australia (EMDRAA). He is registered to provide services through: Workcover, Medicare, NDIS, EAP and privately.
Andrew has appeared on ABC radio; has written brief articles, two books and published over 7 chapters. He has presented at international conferences, forums and workshops. Before joining the READ Clinic, he had worked for a number of different government services. For 7 years he managed the Gaining Ground Program, an early intervention and education Program for children with a parent with a mental health problem; for over 10 years he worked for the Transcultural Mental Health Centre, working with people from culturally diverse backgrounds and refugee backgrounds; and was the School-Link Coordinator, involved in implementing a whole of school approach to addressing the mental health and well-being of children attending High Schools.
Andrew works from a broad therapeutic base specialising in: Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR); Internal Family Systems (IFS); Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT); Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT); Schema Therapy and the use of Mindfulness.
Andrew is passionate about treating individuals who have experienced trauma; including Post-traumatic Stress Disorder experienced by First Responders, and those who have experienced trauma during adulthood and childhood, including attachment trauma. He is also interest in:
• A broad range of psychological and mental health concerns experienced by children, adolescents and adults
• The impact of childhood Attachment, Relationship Issues and Parenting
• Bereavement, Loss & Grief.
Andrew will work with you to complete a thorough assessment, from which he will develop a detailed formulation and treatment plan that is unique to your particular circumstances.
Andrew works: Monday 8:00am – 5:00pm, Wednesday 8:00am – %:00pm, Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm & Saturdays 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Area of Focus
- Child Psychology
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Behaviour Problems
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Anxiety and phobias
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Internal Family Systems
- Schema Therapy
- B.Sc. (Hons) Psychology, MAPS, EMDRAA, Accredited Supervisor