Idil is as a youth worker with over 10 years experience, with the last 5 years of their work aimed at delivering education and providing counselling on online behaviour and healthy digital habits in young people. Idil is experienced in working in primary and secondary education settings and is completing further studies in Psychology.
Idil has a passion for supporting young people and enabling them to have the power to make the right choices when navigating their lives online. Idil believes young people should have agency in their choices and works collaboratively to help clients achieve their goals.
Creating a safe space for young people by developing strong, honest, and compassionate relationships with their clients, Idil will work alongside the young person to achieve their digital capabilities confidently.
Clients can feel supported in:
· Managing their emotions when it comes to online communication
· Managing time spent on devices and finding the balance
· Ways to use technology to enhance their lives
· Managing cyberbullying
· Ways to be empathetic and respectful online
· Respectful relationships through use of technology
· Creating healthy boundaries and digital habits
· Managing emotions online
Through this support young people will gain the skills to become self aware, regulate themselves, enabling them to be the positive change they need in life and help direct their own behaviour to work towards their goals.