THERE IS CURRENTLY A 3-MONTH WAIT FOR APPOINTMENTS. Due to the long wait time, I am NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS FOR NOW (to be reviewed in January 2022).
Dr Hui Quek is a Clinical Psychologist. Working within a cognitive-behaviour framework, I incorporate mindfulness, compassion, acceptance, values, strength-focused, and positive psychology.
I can help with depression, anxiety, stress, perfectionism, burn out, coping with life transition, dealing with grief, social and relationship issues, Chinese migrant cultural issues, behavioural difficulties/ parenting strategies and autism spectrum disorders. I also have experience working with chronic pain, somatic complaints, functional neurological disorder (FND) and health concerns.
Listening compassionately to your needs, together we can explore strategies and skills to address negative patterns and grow new helpful habits. Beyond working through difficulties, I also focus on helping people to develop a strong foundation for wellbeing that empowers you to meet challenges and obstacles with confidence. I'm passionate about helping people identify their strengths and build resilience to make the changes they want to see in their life.
Area of Focus
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transition and Adjustment Issues
- Panic Attacks
- Self-Esteem and Self-Development
- Work Related Issues
- Pain Management
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Somatoform disorders
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Positive Psychology
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- BPsySc (HonI), PhD (ClinPsych), MAPS
- Member of Australian Psychological Society
- MBSR teacher, Mindfulness integrated CBT
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Level 1