NEW CLIENTS - Will be taking new clients in 2023. Please email email@example.com to enquire.
Avrille specialises in working with individuals who have experienced trauma, and symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress. Avrille facilitates awareness and brings understanding to how these symptoms feel in our body, their impact on how we interact in the world and in our relationships.
As a migrant of Goan Anglo-Indian decent, Avrille has the lived experience of what it feels like to ‘navigate two worlds’ and is passionate about providing space to explore family dynamics, identity and what it means to work and live as a settler on this land.
Avrille has an interest in intergeneration trauma and works with individuals where patterns of behavior are passed down, and clarity is being sought to understand disconnection and conflict within the family.
Avrille also has specialized skills working within the perinatal period and with the infant- parent dyad where there has been challenges or trauma that impact attachment and development. Avrille supports parents when there has been difficulties around pregnancy, birth and adjusting to parenthood and when conflict occurs in family relationships due to different values in parenting, culture and traditions.
Avrille utilizes visual and creative therapy techniques alongside talk therapy. When used in combination, it engages both hemispheres of the brain, and allows for innovative problem solving, deeper insight, and a stronger sense of self and wellness.
Avrille is a qualified Accredited Mental Health Social Worker and Arts Therapist with over 12 years experience across community mental health and private practice.
Avrille uses a mix of evidence-based interventions with a humanistic and psychodynamic lens. She is trauma informed, attachment based, and uses Gestalt style approaches. .She is registered with the AASW, ANZACATA, a member with AAIMH and a registered Circle of Security® Parent Educator. Avrille can also provide clinical supervision for social work and cultural supervision.
Avrille can provide a medicare rebate with a Mental Health Care Plan from your GP.
If this is your first session, please contact Pola Practice admin on firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9001 5665
Area of Focus
- Life Transition and Adjustment Issues
- Self-Esteem and Self-Development
- Art Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander
- Bachelor of Social Work (hons)
- Adv Dip Transpersonal Art Therapy
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Circle Of Security Parent Educator
- Infant Mental Health, Attachment, Parenting, Neurodevelopment, Breastfeeding, Development
- Art Therapy, Sand Tray, Play and creative therapy for Trauma, Self expression & Identity
- POC/WOC and cultural identity and interpersonal dynamics
- Aboriginal and Torres Straight islander wellbeing
Fee / Service
- Avrille In-CLINIC Individual Full fee Medicare rebate - 50min session with a Mental Health Social worker A$180.00
- Avrille Private Individual session (booked Face to face, contact us to change to Video) - 1 hour session with a Mental Health Social worker A$180.00
- Avrille VIDEO Individual Full fee Medicare rebate - 50min session with a Mental Health Social worker A$180.00