Doug is a fully Registered Psychologist who began working at the READ clinic in 2020.
Doug began his professional life as a teacher prior to completing further university training to become a psychologist, gaining full registration in 2016. He is currently completing his Masters degree in Clinical Psychology at Charles Sturt University. Doug is an Associate Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
Doug has previously worked as a School Counsellor/School Psychologist in government and independent schools in Sydney, the Central Coast and remote communities in far west NSW.
Doug utilises a range of evidence based interventions including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Motivational Interviewing. Doug is passionate about working with clients to achieve their goals. He understands the importance of strong therapeutic alliance in his work and prides himself on committing great energy and enthusiasm toward building relationships with his clients.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Bachelor of Physical and Health Education
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Psychology
- Masters of Clinical Psychology (currently studying)